Making flubber is a lot of fun!
It takes ten minutes at most.
To make flubber you will need to do the following:
- 1 teaspoon of dissolving borax,
- 12 oz. of water,
- and a 4 oz. Elmer’s glue.
- Make sure to mix 4 oz. of water with the glue.
- Then mix 8 oz. of water with the borax (make sure the borax has dissolved into the water).
- After that pour the bowl with borax and water into the glue and water.
- You can also add any color of food dye you want.
- Then mix together with your hands.
- When it dries, but is still flexible you are done.
Now see if you can turn your fresh flubber into a ball, and bounce it. I have had a lot of fun making flubber in the past.
After asking my grandparents if they knew where the word “flubber” came from and what it means, it turns out it means “flying rubber” from an old 1961 Disney movie name “The AbsentMinded Professor” (which was later remade as a 1997 movie called “Flubber”).
Thanks, hope you enjoy.